The courses we are taught in school, and the activities that we engage in before and after school are essential components for successful living. Unfortunately, many of them tend to be outcome focused, thus robbing us of our ability to choose, and to be fulfilled in our lives. Yet, research tells us that it is our internal circumstances that determine our well-being.
This course will focus on learning about, and applying, proven strategies that lead to well-being and happiness. We will spend time with Fredrickson & Losdada’s 3:1 positivity ratio, Deiner’s theory of Well-Being, and Seligman’s Flourishing Theory as well as explore numerous experiential activities designed to help you discover your strengths, set personal visions for your future, and live more mindfully and happily.
Throughout the course we will be proactive in our approach, continuously challenging participants to pay attention to their personal responsibility for their own well-being.
- Learn strategies for developing a positive mind set, including how to create new neural-pathways in your brain.
- Understand the true need for positive relationships in your life, and discover new ways for making them even better.
- Create a vision for the life you want to be living, and learn how to pay attention to these intentions.
- Positively manage your constantly changing environment, thus minimizing distress and self-doubt.
- Take responsibility for your life as it is, and move from being “outer-influenced” to “inner-directed.”
YOU ALREADY HAVE WHAT YOU NEED.!
THOMPSON COACHING AND DEVELOPMENT GROUP WILL HELP YOU FIND IT, AND LIVE IT!
This tele-course is offered via telephone as well as through Skype. Call (585)-698-4905 or email to Pete@Thompsoncdg.com for questions or to consult on how our Personal Leadership course can work for you. Limit: 8 participants.
“It is better for you to take responsibility for your life as it is, instead of blaming others, or circumstances, for your predicament. As your eyes open you’ll see that your state of health, happiness and every circumstance of your life has been, in large part, arranged by you- consciously or unconsciously.”