The vast majority of world class athletes report feeling relaxed, focused, and confident just prior to a world-class performance. Why would this be a desirable state just before the biggest competition of their lives? And…..
HOW DO YOU GET THERE?
By achieving a state of flow! (commonly referred to as “being in the zone.”). Does this seem out of reach for you, or just a lucky occurrence? Not so!
By learning about, and creating, a healthy balance between your skill set, and the athletic challenge directly in front of you, a flow state is right at your fingertips!
Not only that, finding flow leads to some pretty amazing results (see below)
In this seminar we will consider both your strengths and your challenges, assess your confidence level, and then create an individualized program for you to find your flow state, and achieve a world-class performance.
Our curriculum will focus on Csikszentmihalyi’s Flow State Dynamic (below).
1. High challenge/low skill (like racing an Olympian) = anxiety, nervousness, over-thinking
2. Low challenge/high skill (like racing a six year old) = boredom and apathy
3. High challenge/high skill (like racing someone slightly faster than you are) = focus, loss of self-consciousness, moment to moment awareness
4. Low challenge/low skill (no race) = fatigue
Thompson Coaching and Development Group will teach and support you in finding this unique balance through experiential activities, discussions, lecture, and fun and engaging homework assignments. Research clearly shows us that flow state development leads to;
- Increased confidence
- Greater self awareness
- Higher sense of self-esteem
- Heightened commitment levels
- Greater achievement
Who wouldn’t want that!!!
Our seminars are offered both in person at my office, and as a tele-conference for those living throughout the U.S.A.
Questions or want to sign up for a seminar?
Call me at (585)-698-4905 OR E-mail email@example.com
“Stay in the present. You can never change the past and the future will never come exactly as you plan or hope for.”